B.U. Sextet Beats Crimson, 14-3

By James M. Storey

In every department of the game the varsity hockey team looked terrible last night. Not only could B.U. outstickhandle, outskate, and outfight the Crimson, but they could score at will--14 times, to be exact, while Harvard got only three goals. The Crimson, playing its worst game of the season, was never in contention at all.

The Terriers (almost surely now headed for the Colorado tourney) scored four times in the first period, three in the second, and seven in the final period in completely overwhelming Cooney Weiland's men. The Crimson lit the light once in the second period and twice in the last, but none of the goals were the result of planned plays. Morgy Hatch

scored the first Crimson tally when he stole the puck at the B.U. blueline, skated across the center of the Terrier zone, and put a long, backhand lift just under B.U. goalie Paul Kelley's elbow. The time was 6:43.

It was not until the Terriers had a 13-1 lead that the Crimson could count again. Then Bill Bliss sank a long screen shot from the blueline, assisted by Walt Greeley. The puck never left the ice. Less than a minute later, at 15:38 of the final period, Amory Hubbard split the B.U. defense and rammed in a lift from directly in front of the cage to end the Crimson scoring. The three Terrier goalies stopped 19 Crimson shots, but Harvard missed at least four good scoring chances.

Crimson wing Nat Harris suffered a two-stitch cut on his nose early in the game, and was lost to the team thereafter, but his absence could not be classed as an excuse for the drubbing