Five Meets League Leading Tigers Tonight in Princeton

By David L. Halberstam

The first and last place teams in the Ivy League meet tonight when the varsity basketball team plays the Tigers in Princeton at 8 p.m. The Nassasumen are tied for first place with Cornell with a 7-1 record, while the Crimson is seeking its first win in eight outings.

Coach Norm Shepard will start the same team that best Boston University, 54 to 43, on Tuesday. Dick Lionette will play at center, with Bill Dennis and Bob Gromp at the forwards. Ed Condon and Ed Krinsky will be the guards. Krinsky, the star of the B.U. win, shouldn't have much trouble from his knee injury.

The Tigers, who beat the Crimson, 55 to 42, earlier this year, are a surprising and improving team," according to Shepard. Princeton topped Cornell, 63 to 54, last week, Tiger coach Cappy Cappon will start his usual team of Fred Trischler and Dave Sisler, forwards, Foster Cooper at center, and Captain Chuck DeVoe and Phil Zuravleff, guards.

Crimson Has "Fighting Chance"

Princeton will have a definite height advantage, with Cooper at 6 feet, 8 inches, Sisler at 6 feet, 4 inches, and Tritachler at 6 feet, 3 inches. Both DeVoe and Zuraleff are over 6 feet. The last time the two teams met, Cooper and Sisler completely controlled both backboards. Except for Zuravleff, a sophomore, this is the same team that Princeton had last year, when it split two games with the Crimson.

Shepard feels that his team has a "fighting chance if we can get the jump on them." He hopes to combat the Tigers' height advantage by using the fast break and a zone defense. Shepard will also have to figure out a way to stop Tritschler, the third highest scorer in the Ivy League, who has made 124 points in eight games.

The Crimson got the jump last time when Bill Dennis scored six straight field goals for an 18 to 12 lead, but Princeton's rebounding turned the tide.