29 Candidates File Petitions For Class Day

Council Will Consider 'Cliffe Request for Longer Recess Before Start of Spring Term

Twenty-nine petitions for the Class Day Committee elections of Thursday and Fridaywere turned in at the Student Counted last Friday, Council president Richard Johnson '53 announced last night Last year's petitions totalled 22.

Commenting on the large number of petitions Johnson said, "The interest thus far shown in the election parallels of the Class Committee election is a record ago. The number of candidates election is a record turnout for recent years."

The Council will also consider a petition Radcliffe Student Government Association, protesting the plan pasted the Board of Educational policy provides for only one day between the end of the exam period and the beginning of the spring term.

No Recuperation Time

The Radcliffe Council felt that there would not be enough time for "recuperation" from the strain of exams. Radcliffe students were strongly in favor of the protest and the petitions were signed quickly.

The petition states, "We the undersigned, wish to protect the proposed shortened recess between terms. We feel that having only one day of recess is detrimental to morale and scholastic efficiency. As an alternative, we suggest an earlier opening of school."