Track Team Favored Over Rams; Freshmen Also Expect Easy Win

Rhode Island State is expected to provide little more than a workout for the varsity track team in a dual meet Saturday in the Stadium. The freshmen will also be heavy favorites in a meet against Phillips Academy at Andover.

Coach Bill McCurdy's squad will be in near top shape against the Rams. Bob Twitchell, still suffering from a slightly injured foot, will be out to prove that his 21 second 220 time against Brown last week was not due entirely to the strong tall wind. Twitchell may also compete in one of the hurdle races in addition to the 220.

Biggest Ram prospect is broad jumper and high jumper Gerald Ferrara. Ferrara has bettered 23 feet in the broad jump and 6'3' in the high jump.

Ronnle Berman will run his 880 specialty for the first time this year, while Dave Gregory and Dave Cairns may shift back to their usual two and mile races, respectively.

The freshmen, led by Bob Rittenberg, Alan Howe, Paul Grand, Dud Uphoff, and Roger Machanic, will be favored to defeat Andover, after decisively beating the Blue indoors this winter.