Net Varsity Loses as '55 Wins; Both Teams Meet Brown Today

The Princeton varsity tennis team showed a small crowd at Soldiers Field Saturday why it is rated as one of the top five clubs in the country. The Crimson paid dearly for its tennis lessons, winning none of the nine matches, no sets, and only an occasional game.

Gil Bogley and Chuck DeVoe, both seniors, took the first two singles encounters from Captain Charlie Ufford and John Rauh. Sophomores Pablo Eisenberg, Earle Schulze, Ed Dailey, and Mike Weatherly completed the rout.

Art French, Gene Mann, Don Bossart, and Dave Watts occupied the remaining Crimson singles berths, with Mann putting up the best fight, before losing to Schulze.

Bogley and DeVoe, Schulze and Dailey and Weatherly and Eisenberg were the doubles winners. They beat Ufford and Bill Goodman, Rauh and Rossart, and Terry King and Herb Stone, while regular second doubles men French and Watts, sat on the sidelines. Goodman was the only senior in the varsity lineup.

At Andover, meanwhile, the Yardlings were faring better, defeating a stuborn Phillips Academy team, 5 to 4. Captain Alex Haegler, Bill Wister, Dan Mayers, and the doubles combinations of Mike Levinson and Wister, and Geoff Ball and Mayers provided the freshman victories.

This afternoon, the two Crimson teams travel to Providence to meet Brown in matches that have already been postponed twice.