Three Shells to Join Varsity For Olympic Craw Tryout

In addition to the variety night-cared crew, three other shills of Crimson baseman will compete in the Olympic tryouts on July 4-5 on Lake Quinsigamond of Were deter, might Harvard alum al have forced groups to outer three different classes of rowing, in on effort to earn a place on the Olympic team on the trip to Finland for the 2958 games.

Art Rouner, strake of the lay 1951 eight, Steve Hedberg, number five on the 1951 variety, and on-Crimson coxswain George Walker are catering a pair-cared shell with a cox. The three have been practicing all spring on the charies, and went to Red Top with the heavies last week. They are now at Worcester in the final training period.

Frank Strong, captain of the '49 varsity, and Ted Reynolds, a member of the 1956 Jayvees, are entering in a pair-carried shell without a cox, and Pete Holler and Gordie Abbott are entering in a double scull. These four have been proctoring all spring out of Weld Boathouse. A pair has two men, each with one ear. A double scull holds two men, each with two ears.

The varsity will return to Cambridge to practice for the Olympics after the Yale race, and then will leave for Worcester for final preparations.