Sextet Bows to Nassau, 3-1; Plays Brown Today at Lynn

By David W. Coonea

Tit for tat is the watchword of the Brown-Crimson hockey series. Brown, with a 3 to 1 win in the teams' first meeting is due for the tat tonight.

The Crimson, with its NCAA and Pentagonal League championship hopes all but dashed by Princeton Saturday, can have but one motive left--revenge. Since the Bruins play well on their own ice, but poorly everywhere else, the varsity may be able to eke out a victory.

Game time is 9 p.m. at the Lynn Arena, sometimes called the North Shore Sports Center. The freshman six, still undefeated, takes on the Brown Cubs in the 7 p.m. opener. In their first encounter with Brown, the Yardlings won, 6 to 3, at Providence.

Tigers Win Out

Poor ice--the temperature was 54--and an inability to put together a steady attack, left the Crimson on the short end at Princeton Saturday afternoon. The Tigers, with goals by defenseman Derek Price, standout center Hank Bothfeld, and Joe Davis, won, 3 to 1.

Crimson Captain Walt Greeley played his usual excellent game, leaving a drop pass in perfect position for Dick Clasby, who scored the varsity's only goal. The team took more shots than did Princeton, but in general let the Tigers knock them off balance.

Princeton's victory leaves them battling Yale for Pentagonal honors, with one loss, to Yale's none. The Crimson takes on Yale this Saturday, Princeton a week from Wednesday, and Yale again March 7, to complete its schedule.

The Crimson now has lost four out of its last six games, and is probably out of the running for an NCAA play-off spot.

It will have to generate a good deal of spirit if it hopes to tumble Brown tonight. The Bruins, on nothing but spunk, luck, and a few rough checks, smashed the varsity in their last game, at Providence, February 7.