Students Receive Feeney-Ike Letter

Thousands of University students yesterday received copies of Leonard J. Feeney's letter to President Eisenhower.

Copies of the letter, which told the President, "Unless you become a Catholic . . . you will never save your soul," were delivered to House mailboxes; Feeney's followers also mailed copies to all U.S. senators and state governors.

"I hope my work will be for the Harvard boys in the end," said Feeney, explaining why students were on the mailing list of his group at St. Benedict's Center. "Students are tired of Kiwanis and Rotary Club religion. They want truth."

In his letter, Feeney named Harding, Wilson, and Franklin D. Roosevelt as examples of past presidents whose ends had been "sad, indeed." He wrote Eisenhower, "I do not want your end to be such a one."

Feeney yesterday continued to deny his excommunication, which was reported last week in the Pilot, the official publication of the Boston Archdiocese.

"I am waiting for a communication from Rome," he said. Feeney has heard nothing from the Pope, whom he still considers the "only leader" of the world in religious matters.