5 Announced As Law Prots By Griswold

Dean Erwin N. Griswold yesterday announced the appointment of five as professors of Law in the Harvard Law School. Four of the men are now serving on the faculty of the School.

The new professors are: Louis Bruno Sohn, Francis Alfred Allen, Arthur Taylor von Mchren '43, Kingman Brewster, Jr., and William Covington Hardee.

An assistant professor here since 1950, Sohn was also named John Harvey Gregory Lecturer on World Organization. He served on the legal staff of the United Nations in 1949-50.

Allen, now associate professor of Law at Northwestern University, specializes in criminal law. For two years he was Law Clerk to Chief Justice Fred M. Vinson of the United States Supreme Court.

An authority on comparative law, von Mehren was appointed an assistant professor in 1946 and spent the next three years studying in Switzerland, France, and Germany.

Brewster taught Economics and Law at M.I.T. until his appointment as assistant professor at the Law School in 1950. Hardee, whose special interests are corporation law, accounting and agency, was formerly associated with a Boston firm.