Varsity Nine Faces Brown; JVs Post Win

The varsity baseball team will attempt to break a four-game read trip jinx when it travels to Providence that afternoon for an Eastern Baseball League contest with Brown.

The Crimson will be without the services of Bob Smith, letterman centerfielder, who reinjured his leg last weekend and will be out until after exams.

A victory ever Cornell Monday squared the Crimson's Ivy league and over-all records. The team's league mark is now three and three and the total record his six and six. Four of the losses were to the nine's road opponents.

Brown owns a four-win, two-loss, two-tie Eastern circuit record. The Bruins defeated the Crimson twice last year.

Ward or Arnold Start

Nevertheless, a good game is expected. Coach Stuffy McInnis will probably start either Bob Ward (1-2) or John Arnold (2-1), and will put Bob Gremp in left, moving Dick Scheer to centerfield to fill in for Smith.

Russ Johnson will open at first, Walt Greeley at second, Ed Krinsky at short, Tim Wise at third, Dick Clasby behind the plate, and Don Butters in right field.

Yesterday, Norm Shepard's JV nine thumped Suffolk, 12 to 6, on Soldiers Field. The JVs will entertain Huntington School today in a makeup of a game postponed last week.

The freshman nine also plays today, meeting Cushing Academy at Soldiers Field at 3 p.m. Coach Adolph Samborski will start either Ken Rossano or Bob Kessler on the mound.

John Maher is slated to play first, Hal McKinney second, Bob Gorman shortstop, and Joe Crehore third. John Getch, Bill Cleary, and Bob Gebelein will play in the outfield, and Being Crosby will catch.