Junior Varsity Victorious, 105-54; Freshmen Downed by Tufts, 71-65

The junior varsity basketball team romped to a spectacular 105-54 victory over Boston Teachers College, while the freshmen dropped their third straight to Tufts, 71-65 on Saturday. Both teams played in the I.A.B.

The JV's scored almost at will in their 105-54 runaway. Bob Barnett poured in 30 points and Dick Hurley 29 in the JV's second victory without a loss. Each scored 14 field goals, while Hurley missed a free throw with 30 seconds left which would have tied him with Barnett.

The Crimson compiled the enviable field goal percentage of 50 percent, hitting on exactly 49 of 93 shots. They led at half-time, 58-27.

Lutheras led the Boston scoring with 19. For Harvard, Shaw had 4, Sheinborg 11, Hastings 11, and Long 10.

A second-half rally by the freshmen slackened after it had put the team in the lead for several minutes and allowed Tufts to register its final six-point margin.

Ineffectual field goal shooting, particularly during the first half, proved the freshmen's downfall. They made a total of 22 out of 83 shots, or 27 percent. Tony Massarl tallied 16 points, as did Stanley of Tufts.