Crimson Fencers Top Engineers Here, 14-13, In Third Straight Win

The varsity fencing team captured its third straight victory last night by defeating M.I.T., 14 to 13, at the I.A.B.

Coach Edo Marion's squad took foil and epee matches, each by a 5 to 4 count, but dropped the sabre event to the Engineers, 5 to 4.

The Crimson forfeited one sabre bout, however, when Tony Provenzano dislocated his shoulder during the second of his three duels.

Paul Forand, Walt Rawls, Steve Schneider, and Cliff Thompson fenced for the Crimson in the foil group. High scorers were Thompson, who took both rounds in which he appeared, and Paul Forand, who tallied two out of three.

The sabre division was handled by Dave Kenney, John Livingston, who won two of his three duels, and Provenzano.

Phil Erard, Captain Les Scheror, and Bill Pierskalla formed the epee team. Erard was the only man of the evening to sweep all three of his bouts, and Scherer chalked up two.

The varsity will travel to New York City Saturday to face Yale, Princeton, West Point, and Annapolis in the pentagonal matches to be held at the New York Athletic Club.