Winthrop Retains Margin in Straus Trophy Standings

Winthrop House brought its point total to 940 to retain first place in inter-House Straus Trophy competition at the end of the fall season. Kirkland House stands second, 30 points behind.

Although the Puritans scored only 15 of a possible 40 points in the cross country meet, victories in the football and touch football leagues and a sixth place in soccer made up the deficit.

Dunster, winner of the trophy the last two years, stands third with 302.5, 15 less than the 317.5 which gave the Funsters third place last fall. Dunster, however, should be strong in winter and spring sports and thus have a good chance to take the trophy for the third year in a row.

Eliot Advances

Eliot, with 292.5 points, moved up a notch from last year's fifth place slot by finishing second is soccer and third in touch football.

Leverett's Bunnies fell to fifth this year, with 287.5 points, and managed to win only the soccer title. Lowell picked up 240 points to move up to sixth. Adams dropped to seventh with 232.5 points, while Dudley holds down its perennial last place sport with 225. The Commuters are much better pointwise this year than last, however.