Large Crimson Contingent Sweeps To Harvard-Dartmouth Slalom Win

The Crimson won the annual Harvard-Dartmouth Slalom Saturday on Mount Washington, N.H., for the second straight year, as the much larger Harvard turnout of students, faculty, and alumni overcame an early Green advantage and triumphed, 757.8 seconds to 892.2.

The times recorded by the top 15 skiers for each side were totaled to determine the winning team, and the Crimson gained a big advantage by entering 10 skiers to Dartmouth's 20. Dartmouth's John Caldwell took first place with a time of 40.8 seconds, and the Green placed three in the top five, but the Crimson had 15 out of the first 23 finishers.

Former Ski Club president Charles Thomas '56 led the Crimson team by taking second with a 44.0 clocking, and freshman Karim Khan tied for third with the Big Green's Dick Perkins in 44.4. Further down the list were perennial entrants Al Sise '28 in 12th place, ski coach Graham Taylor '49 in 15th, and former Olympian Alec Bright '19 in 41st place.

Other Crimson finishers were: 6) Bill Apthorp '43; 7) Ash Hallet '58; 8) Bram Arnold '58; 10) Ebbe Dane '55; 16) John Hart '54; 17) Ad Carter '36; 18) Frank Kennedy '53; 19) George Cancer '46; 20) Dave Arnold '44; 22) Jim Madden '31; 23) Del Ames '43.