Student Council Will Fix Meals

The Student Council last night took steps to improve the undergraduate diet, and to promote informed efficiency among future members of the Permanent Class Committee.

The Council appointed David K. Sirota '56, of New York City and Eliot House, to form an Inter-House Food Committee.

Members of food committees in Adams and Dunster, together with House committee delegates from the other Houses will compose the committee. Plans of the committee were still nebulous, but the Council was led to believe that there would soon be a compendious poll of exquisitely-palated undergraduates to ascertain future House specialities.

Poll Has Precedent

The precedent for the poll was set in Kirkland House, where a similar survey was taken last month. But, although virtually 90 percent of the response reputedly showed a vehement dislike for chicken saute a lamerango, there has not, as of yet, been any official change in the menu.

At the same meeting, the Council passed on official memorandum requiring House bulletin boards and all Council members to publicize the duties of the Permanent Class Committee before future committee elections.

"I've already spoken, with all the members of this year's Permanent Class committee that I know, and at least one guy had absolutely no idea of what he was supposed to do," one Council member explained.

The Council also approved a joint observance of United Nations Week next October.