Token Track Team Enters IC4-A Meet in New York

A token 19-man truck team will represent the Crimson at the 79th annual IC4-A championships today and tomorrow in New York. Pean State and Manhattan are co-favorites to win the meet title. Coach Bill McCurdy has little hope that his team, in its last meet, will get more than a few points, competing against the best truck teams in the East. Forty-seven colleges are entered in the meet.

Probably the leading candidate to score for the varsity is Captain Bob Rittenburg, entered in both hurdles races and the broad jump. But Rittenburg's 14.7 in the highs will be lucky to get him into the final. He will have to compete against Manhattan's Chartis Pratt (12.9) Duke's Joel Shankle (14.1) and Penn State's Bill Youkers (14.1). He does stand a better chance, however, in the low hurdles and in the broad jump. Joal Cohen is also entered in the hurdles. Cohen has consistently finished second behind Rittenburg.

Other entries for the Crimson are; Renny Little (220, 440, and mile relay); Dick Wharton (440, 220, and relay); Zab Warren (440 and relay); Dave Alpers (relay); Art Siler (shot put and discus); Carl Goldman (hammer); Peter Harpel (hammer); Ed Carter (low hurdles); Ed Hurley (javelin); and Kip Smith (pole vault).