Five Seeks First Win in 9 Games; Plays BC Tonight

Home again after a disappointing road trip, the varsity basketball team will play Boston College at 8:30 p.m. tonight in the Blockhouse. The Crimson will be looking for its first win in nine games.

Coach Floyd Wilson said last night that "B.C. should be termed as the favorite, but the game is a good chance for us to bounce back." The Eagles, not as strong as they have been in recent years, have beaten Tufts, a team that defeated the varsity, 84 to 76.

Although the exact Crimson lineup is not known, Wilson is likely to start Captain Warren Kantrowicz, like Canty, Dick Hurley, Bob Hastings, and Bob Barnett.

The varsity, now entrenched in the Ivy League cellar, with a record of 2 and 8, has not won a game since Jan. 13. In its last three away games, the quintet fell victim to Princeton, Columbia, and to Penn, a team the Crimson had previously beaten. Columbia, minus its high-scorer Chet Forte, holds first place in the league, closely followed by Princeton.

Wilson's comment on the recent road trip was, "We just played better teams with better shooters."