Varsity Chooses Keohane

A jubilant football squad, with the Yale victory two days old, elected Hank Keohane of Winthrop House and Arlington, Mass., next year's football captain. Center Bob Foster was chosen Most Valuable Player of the season and, rounding out the post-season awards, John Reardon of Kirkland House and Cohasset, Mass., was awarded the Undergraduate Manager's job for the coming year.

Keohane made a consistent contribution to the varsity's improvement this season. Coach John Yovicsin commented earlier in the year that "our movies show that Keohane has been playing as good football as anybody in our line." He played an excellent game against Yale, plunging into the backfield to help contain the Eli backs.

In a year of uncertain passing, Keohane has been a reliable receiver, his interception of a stray Dartmouth pass set up the winning touchdown for the varsity's major victory of the season.

Foster's play at center helped make this year's line among the best in the league.

The juniors on the squad are convinced that Saturday's 28-0 trouncing of Yale will not be the last victory over the Bulldogs they will take part in. Keohane played in the 54-0 debacle last fall and will not have forgotten when his turn comes up again in November.

With the Freshman team's 14-3 win over undefeated Yae and their overall league record for the season, the veterans on the varsity look forward to a lot of help from sophomore's next year. Keohane is encouraged by the trend toward depth evidenced in this year's sophomore and freshman teams. In previous years, Harvard teams have been propelled by three or four stand-outs, whereas now, Keohane points out, the team is strong on all three squads