Radcliffe Begins Revamped Drive For $10 Million

"A national organization for the general solicitation of alumnae, parents, and friends of Radcliffe has been created to reach untapped sources of contributions," Robert I. Hunneman '28, National Chairman of the Radcliffe Development Fund, announced yesterday.

Only about 1200 donors have accounted for the $3,525,474 in the Fund, and ten benefactors have given nearly 80 per cent of the present total, Hunneman explained. "We are beginning a two-year intensive campaign to contact personally at least two-thirds of the 18,000 people interested in Radcliffe," he stated. The drive's goal is $10 million.

100 Regional Branches

A national committee has been appointed to direct the overall campaign. It will have branches in 100 communities across the nation, including all major Eastern cities, Hunneman continued.

Mrs. Horace W. Frost '32, of Cambridge, has been named chairman of the Greater Boston Radcliffe Appeal, which will canvass most of eastern Massachusetts. "This area includes more than 5500 of the 18,000 alumnae and friends of Radcliffe," Mrs. Frost observed yesterday. "We have an enthusiastic group of workers and we anticipate a very successful campaign," she added.