Williams to Open Visit With Talk

Senator Harrison A. Williams' two day visit to the University, which begins tonight may mean more than meets the eye.

The question "How Liberal is the 86th Congress?" will be posed by Earl Latham, visiting professor of Government and Chairman of the Department at Amherst, in a short talk at 7:30 p.m. in the Lamont Forum Room. Williams, a liberal Democrat from New Jersey, will speak on the stated topic, then open the floor to questions.

Tomorrow night, Williams, a staunch supporter of Governor Robert Meyner for the 1960 Presidential nomination, will attend a dinner with backers of other Democratic hopefuls. Given by John M. Bullitt '43, Master of Quincy House, the dinner will include in its guest list Councillor Joseph A. DeGuglielmo '29, and Samuel H. Beer, professor of Government.

DeGuglielmo is a backer of Senator John F. Kennedy '40, while Beer, National Chairman of A.D.A. is inclined to support Senator Hubert Humphrey or Governor G. Mennen Williams. An executive of the H.Y.D.C. suggested that Senator Williams will seek to gain support for Meyner tomorrow and will not hesitate to "plug" him tonight.

Williams will pave the way for Meyner, who has definitely agreed to speak at Lowell Lecture Hall Wednesday afternoon, November 18, according to a member of the Leadership Forum, an organization sponsored by H.Y.D.C.