Winter Competition Begins Today With Posts Open on All Boards

Three times a year, the CRIMSON decides that it might be wise to acquire what other organizations call "new blood," and so out of need as much as out of kindness, opens its doors to prospective donors. The second competition of the current year--the last chance before next term--will begin with open house at 14 Plympton Street tonight and tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m.

All boards will welcome candidates, with freshmen particularly encouraged to come out at this time. The competition lasts a minimum of eight weeks and is endorsed by most who have gone through it as good, wholesome, educational fun No experience is necessary.

Those interested in covering the day-to-day events of the University can compete for the news board, known by many as the "heart" of the paper. Prospective editorialists, reviewers, and humorists are urged to try the editorial board, with reviewers an especially desired commodity. The photography and business boards offer some of the College's most interesting opportunities in these two fields.

Beer and Coca-Cola will flow in the usual generous quantities.