Six Undergraduate Organizations Form Foreign Affairs Committee

To Co-ordinate Activities

Six undergraduate organizations banded together last night to form the Interclub Committee on Foreign Affairs, under the chairmanship of Martin G. Silverman '60, president of the U.N. Council.

Silverman stated that the committee was designed to increase student interest in foreign affairs through "greater efficiency in the dissemination of information and elimination of overlapping functions of the six organizations."

Member clubs of the committee include the U.N. Council, World Federalists, Committee to Study Disarmament, Liberal Union, Freedom Council, and Committee for a Sane Nuclear Policy. Representatives from the six organizations will meet bi-weekly to co-ordinate plans for speakers and to discuss common problems.

The groups also plans to sponsor a symposium in the near future on the political, military, and economic problems of Central Europe. Each of the six clubs will invite one or more distinguished experts in the field to address the symposium.

A joint mailing list for the six organizations will be set up to facilitate the distribution of information which is of interest to members of more than one of the groups.

Although the six groups on the committee will work together to co-ordinate their activities, Silverman pointed out that "each club will continue to function autonomously. These organizations obviously cannot merge."