Castro May Speak in Harvard Stadium

Cuban revlutionary leader Fidel Castro may speak in the 35,000 seat Harvard Stadium during his April 25 visit. The Law School Forum, which is planning the speech, will decide on the site of the Premier's speech today.

Although the Forum announced last Monday that Castro would use Briggs Cage, it is reconsidering the previous decision due to "the tremendous number of people who want to see Castro," John L. Samuels 2L, vice-President of the Forum, explained yesterday. Police will not allow over 2500 people in Brigg's Cage.

Fear Giant Carnival

The Forum fears, however, that in the stadium "the speech may turn into a giant carnival," Samuels remarked. Use of this site also poses certain technical difficulties, since night lighting, a public address system and facilities for televising would be required. In addition, the Forum is worried about the weather on the night of the speech.

President Pusey has not yet stated whether he will greet Castro during the visit. At present, the Cuban Premier is scheduled to arrive during the afternoon of the 25th, and to dine that evening at the Faculty Club. After his speech he will probably stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Boston,

The Forum has already ordered 3000 tickets for the speech, and Samuels said that it will print more if they are needed. After tickets are mailed to Forum subscribers during the week, general sale to University students will begin. Samuels added that the Forum would take mail orders from people outside the University if the stadium is used.

In view of reports that anti-Castro groups will demonstrate against the Cuban Premier in New York and Cambridge, the State Department plans to assign part of its security force to guard him during his 11 day American visit. James H. Robb, University Marshal, said yesterday that several FBI men had approached him to discuss security precautions for Castro.

Robb also expressed concern over providing additional guards for Castro. He already plans to use Harvard and probably Cambridge police. But if Castro speaks from somewhere in the athletic field Boston police will be partly responsible for the Premier's safety.

A Law School Forum on "Unifying the Christian Church" will be held this Friday at 8 p.m. in the Ames Courtroom of Austin Hall. Douglas Horton, Dean of the Divinity School and a Congregationalist, Julian V. Casserly of the General Theological Geminary, an Anglican, and Gustave Weigel S.J., a Catholic, will discuss the problem.