Lacrosse Team Tops Brown, 9-5

Nick Lamont and Dave Bohn each scored three goals, sparking the varsity lacrosse team to a 9-5 victory over Brown at Providence yesterday. The Crimson was never behind in the game, which was marked by the Bruins' characteristically rough play; each team was charged with 12 penalties.

The team was hampered slightly by the absence of Dick Parks, starting center midfielder, out of the lineup because of an injury sustained in the Penn game last week. But second string midfielder Tadgh Sweeney filled in nicely on defense and scored a goal.

Captain Jerry Pyle and Andy Leaf, both attacks, thrust in the other two tallies. Goalie Chris Stone made 15 saves, and Lanny Keyes was a powerhouse on defense and clearing. Lamont was high-scorer with three goals and two assists, while Bohn had one assist.

The varsity midfield looked better yesterday than it has in the last three games--all losses--and Crimson teamwork was far less sloppy than it has been in recent weeks.

Coach Bruce Munro noted that in Saturday's Penn game, the team played fairly well, and that today's victory represented a further improvement.