Morris to Be Dudley House Senior Tutor

Chemist, Inspector To Succeed Welch

John C. Morris, Gordon McKay Professor of Sanitary Chemistry, will become Allston Burr Senior Tutor of Dudley House on July 1, Delmar Leighton, Master of Dudley, announced yesterday.

Leighton commented yesterday that he was particularly pleased Morris had been selected "because scientists have not been adequately represented in the Houses or on the Administrative Board."

Sanitary Inspector

Morris is also chairman of the committee on Fields of Concentration in Physical Sciences and has for several years been Sanitary Inspector to the University Health Services.

He graduated from Rutgers University in 1934 and received his Ph.D. from Princeton in 1938. From 1938 until 1941 Morris was an instructor in chemistry at Harvard.

Later, he taught at Bucknell and Worcester Polytechnic Institute before returning to the University in 1944. He was appointed a full professor in 1958 and has been associated with Dudley since February. Last year, Morris spent six months in Egypt as a consultant on sanitary problems.

Morris is also Town Moderator of Sudbury, where he lives with his wife and three children. As Senior Tutor he succeeds Alexander Welch, who will study in England next year.