U.N.H. Trounces Varsity Ten, 19-5

The varsity lacrosse team faced a strong, fast University of New Hampshire squad yesterday afternoon and received its sixth loss of the season, 19 to 5. For one-and-a-half periods, however, the team played as well as it has all spring.

The first period was no contest as U.N.H. jumped away to a 6-0 lead. Crimson defensive play was shoddy throughout the period, several times allowing New Hampshire attacks to take underguarded shots on the rim of the crease.

But in the second period, the Crimson began to play the kind of lacrosse it did on the spring trip and in the early stages of the season. The defense tightened up and cleared beautifully, while Manual Cabral and Jerry Pyle each scored one goal. At the half, the varsity trailed 8 to 2.

For 10 minutes of the third period, the Crimson continued to dominate the game, battling back to an 8-4 count on goals by Cabral and Nick Lamont. At 10:11 of the period, however, U.N.H. scored its ninth goal, and from then on the Crimson had no chance. Late in the third period, Dick Parks scored the varsity's fifth goal.