U.S. Team Beats Crimson

The United States Olympic hockey team showed its stuff last night at the Boston Garden, opposing four Boston-area teams for one period each. The Olympians downed B. U. 5 to 2, Harvard 5 to 1, tied B.C. 2-2, then whallopped Northeastern 6 to 0.

The Crimson, playing against two former Harvard stars Bob McVey and Bob Owen, could manage a goal only at 19:52 of its period. Ted Ingalls scored on an assist by Tom Heintzman.

Playing first line, McVey scored four goals during the course of the evening, while Owen, at second defense, scored two. Against the varsity, Owen was credited with an assist; his slap shot rebound was pushed in by Bob Williams of Minnesota.

Crimson defenseman Greg Downes threw one of the best checks all night. As one Olympian tried to jump through the two Harvard defenders, Downes caught him in mid-air and checked him to the boards.

A serious hockey observer commented after the exhibition that the Olympians seemed tired during the B. C. period, thus accounting for its tie then. The Huskies, though coming later, showed nothing.