Crimson Sailors Seek Double Win at Brown

By Peter S. Britell

Still sporting victory grins from last week, the homeless varsity sailing team will go for its second and third victories of the frost-biting season in a pair of regattas at Brown this weekend.

With the wind colder and the water choppier, the Crimson skippers will not just sail away with the Jack Wood Trophy today or the Sherman Hoyt Trophy tomorrow. Carter Ford, Mike Lehman, John Kimball, and Don Cannon will first have to oust a very strong M.I.T. and Coast Guard fleets before hauling off the silver.

The names Midshipmen and Engineers are no laughing matter for the Crimson. Although Ford and his cohorts out-sailed the Coast Guard and M.I.T. last Saturday, Sunday's tale was somewhat tragic.

Enginers Edge Crimson

The Engineers edged the varsity 107-104 to steal the Olberg Trophy right from under their bowsprits. Also, three weeks ago Tech stole second place from the Crimson in a three-way tie which also involved Yale. The race committee gave places on points to Yale, M.I.T., and then the ill-starred Crimson.

Although the Coast Guard has won no cups this fall, it has humbled the Crimson once. The Middles took second that day when the Crimson pulled sixth of nine in the Danmerk Trophy Regatta.

Despite limited practice at the Tech Pavilion, the Crimson yachtsmen should fare well at Providence. However, when and if they come up to the start with M.I.T. and the Coast Guard to windward, they should remember that it will be a good wind which blows them no ill.