Congressmen Criticize Kennedy, Democrats At Quincy House

A "Paul Revere Panel" of the Republican Party came to Quincy House Friday night, and, mixing sarcasm with seriousness, gave warning of the need "to save America from the Kennedys."

Representatives John V. Lindsay (R.N.Y.), Charles McC. Mathias (R.Md.), and Abner W. Sibal (R.Conn.), who won their soats in strongly Democratic districts, took a critical look at the Kennedy administration at the midway point. Their chief quarrels: a serious "lack of candor," a "deliberate attempt" not to tell the whole truth.

Lindsay blamed Kennedy for caring only how the headlines read and for "substituting public relations" for substance. He criticized a "breach of faith with the American people" in the area of civil rights and he charged the President with an "unprecedented use of power, exceeding all bounds" in the steel dispute.

Continuing along the same lines, Mathias asked the audience to look at the majority party's record in Congress in comparison with campaign promises. He claimed that nothing has been done about the acute unemployment problem, and that Pierre Salinger, the President's press secretary, has become a "thinking man's filter."

Sibal called Kennedy a threat to representative government. He said that the President has already sent to Congress 25 requests to transfer power to the executive branch from the legislative.