ON COMMUTERS

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I am entirely in sympathy with the difficulties the Radcliffe commuters face in participating in extra-curricular activities, but your editorial of February 19 neglected to point out the few conveniences that have been made available to these girls.

Commuters are not treated "as any other visitors." First their nightly board fee is reduced (admittedly only from $2.00 to $1.50 and it should be more) and secondly the Radcliffe Government Association sells them meal tickets at half price, assuming the deficit.

Because of the shortage of beds on some weekends, it is necessary to make arrangements before coming to Radcliffe for the night, and I trust each commuter has a friend who would be willing to make these arrangements for her.

Furthermore, each commuter is a member of South House and is encouraged to participate in the activities of the house. And finally the R.G.A. Constitution provides for a commuter organization which could make any recommendations about improving conditions for the 'Lonesome Travellers.' We would welcome any commuters who wished to become active in this organization. Adele Smith '63   President, Radcliffe   Government Association