AP Names Wally Grant To Week's All-East 11

Crimson halfback Wally Grant was named to the Associated Press All-East team of the week yesterday for his performance in Saturday's game with Bucknell.

Against the Bisons, the 5 ft., 11 in., 185-lb. junior set an all-time Harvard record by catching 11 passes. The old mark of nine receptions was set by Scott Harshbarger in last year's Yale game.

Grant also threw for the Crimson's first touchdown, taking a pitchout from quarterback John McCluskey and flipping eight yards to Dave Poe in the end zone.

18-Yard Run

On the ground Grant totaled only 14 yards in 12 carries, but in the first half he ran for 37 yards in four tries, including an 18-yard run. In the last two periods he was thrown for losses several times when the Crimson's blocking disintegrated in front of him.

Guard Gene Skowronski was named to last week's team for his play against Massachusetts. Joining Grant in the All-East backfield this week are Fred Mazurek, Pittsburgh. Tom Carpenter, Colgate, and Cosmo Iacavazzi, Princeton.

Neither of Bucknell's glue-fingered ends, Tom Mitchell and Ron Kinsey, was selected.