Pusey Names Gilmore To Administer I Tatti; Murdock Leaves Post

Myron P. Gilmore, professor of History, will be named by President Pusey as director of the University's Villa I Tatti in Florence, Italy, a center for the study of Renaissance art, literature, and culture.

Replaces Murdock

Gilmore will replace the first director of I Tatti, Kenneth B. Murdock '16, Francis Lee Higginson Professor of English Literature.

Gilmore, who is now on sabbatical in Italy, teaches History 130, History of the Reformation, and is a noted expert on Renaissance culture. He had previously been chairman of the Faculty advisory committee for I Tatti.

Falgel to get Librarian

Named to the position or Librarian of I Tatti is Martin J. Falgel '59, assistant to the Librarian of Houghton Library. He will finish cataloguing and organizing the collection of books bequeathed to the University as part of the villa by the late Bernard Berenson '87.

I Tatti opened in the fall of 1961, but the University is still short some of the $2 million endowment necessary to operate the Center and to support the activities of research fellows working there.