Indians Roll Relentlessly To Showdown With Tiger

Harvard may not have been able to stop Princeton's march to the Ivy football title, but if the trend in last weekends' Ivy games holds for two more weeks, the tiger may find itself scarped instead of crowned.

Dartmouth made Princeton's earlier 31-0 win over Columbia look close as they rolled up a 47-0 massacre. In other action, Yale squeaked by Penn, 21-19, and Cornell slaughtered Brown, 41-21.

The one-sided story of Dartmouth's romp is told by the rushing statistics: 348 yards for the Green, 44 for Columbia. Never before has a visiting team to easily walked over so much Baker field surf; not since 1960 has anyone run up such a big margin against the Lions.

A fullback named Pete Walton led the Green parade with two touchdowns and a 7.7 yard pet carry average, but Gene Ryacwicz, Paul Klungness, and Bob O'Brien weren't far behind.

Yale, which could upset the Tiger's cart at Princeton Saturday, had to knock down Penn's fourth-quarter try for a two-point conversion to hold onto its 21-19 lead.

Cornell Flashes

Cornell's 41-point output against Brown showed the importance of Big Red quarterback Marty Sponaugle who scored three touchdowns, ran for two and accounted for 199 yards.

On the losing end of Sponaugle's binge was Brown quarterback Bob Hall, who nevertheless turned in his weekly record-breaking passing performance. Hall connected on 21 of 32 tosses for 254 yards, to shatter Archie Roberts' Ivy record of 82 completions.

Hall will enter next week's contest with Harvard boasting a five-game total of 92 completions, which bodes ill for the Crimson secondary.