Six Closes Year At Yale Tonight

By Joel Havemann

As the Harvard sextet winds up its season tonight at Yale, it will have the chance to tack two rather negative achievement onto a season which the statistics indicate has been equally negative.

The Elis will be the eighth-seeded team in next week's eight-team ECAC Tournament if they can best the Crimson. This is Harvard's chance to knock its chief rival out of the tourney that it is missing this year for the first time since 1961.

The Crimson will also be trying to avoid a second beating by Yale in the same year--a tragedy which has not occurred since 1952. Last Saturday the Elis edged Harvard 4-3.

But the Crimson will be no pushover tonight. The Blue defense is fairly weak, and only one of its lines can score consistently. If Harvard can contain that line, and get a strong showing from its own sporadic offense, it can end Yale's ECAC hopes.

Rebuilding Year

Harvard has spent the season rebuilding a team around the six skaters who are back from last year's varsity, and its record shows it. The Crimson has eight wins and fifteen losses, and even if it beats Yale, it will finish with its worst season 1941.

Needed: Another Kinasewich

The Crimson's biggest difficult has been finding a great scorer to replace Gene Kinasewich, Ike Ikauniks, and the rest. Senior Baldy Smith now leads Harvard with 18 points, but this is far short of the 39 that has led the Crimson in each of the last three years.

Smith, captain John Daly, goalie Wado Welch, and forwards Kenny Burnes and Pete Sahlin will all be wearing the Crimson uniform for the last time tonight. All of them want to knock Yale out of the ECAC's and be members of the 13th straight Harvard team to win a least one of its games from Yale.

Don't be surprised if they succeed.