Lacrosse Team Elects Calderwood '66 Captain

Defenseman Daniel B. Calderwood '66, of Dudley House and Andover, has been elected captain of the varsity lacrosse team for the 1966 campaign. Calderwood, who lettered as a sophomore, hadn't played any lacrosse before coming to Harvard. He also lettered at end on the football squad this fall.

The squad voted midfielder Bruce F. Caputo '65, of Adams House and Bronxville, N.Y., the Class of 1959 award, given to the senior "who, in the opinion of his teammates, has shown the most improvement, determination, and sportsmanship in the tradition of Harvard athletics."

The Crimson stickmen finished with a 3-10 record, 1-5 in Ivy play. In Ivy games, the Crimson tallied 34 times, the lowest total in the League, and tied Penn for most goals allowed with 55.

Dartmouth and Princeton tied for the top spot with identical 5-1 records. The Indians traveled to Princeton for their last game two weeks ago with a 5-0 record for an encounter that was supposed to determine the Ivy champion. The Tigers, with one contest remaining, defeated the Big Green, 4-3. But last weekend, Cornell whipped the Tigers, 9-8, and Princeton had to share the crown with the Indians. IVY LACROSSE Princeton  5  1 Dartmouth  5  1 Pennsylvania  4  2 Brown  2  4 Cornell  2  4 Yale  2  4 HARVARD  1  5