Cliffie Swimmers Conclude Season With Win Over Brandeis, Jackson

Radcliffe's powerful swimming team closed out an undefeated season yesterday with an easy win over Brandeis and host team Jackson.

Cliffie swimmers won every event except diving where they had no entry, totalling 66 points to 33 for Jackson and 23 for Brandeis.

Janet Wright '70 was a triple winner for the Cliffies by winning the 50-yard freestyle in 29 seconds, the individual medley in 1:14.8, and by swimming in the winning 200-yard medley relay.

Other triple winners for Radcliffe were Eleanor Thomas '69, Julie Anderson '71, and Laurie Oliver '71.

Their season record is 2-0-1. In addition the swimmers placed fifth in the New England Championships.

A week ago, the Cliffies swamped Wellesley and Bradford in a triangular meet. Miss Anderson and Miss Wright led the swimmers in scoring 55 1/2 points, to 36 1/2 for Wellesley and 12 for Bradford.

Six Radcliffe pool records were broken in the meet. Miss Oliver sparked the 160-yard medley relay team to a time of 1:35.2, nine seconds faster than the old record. She also led the 160-yard freestyle relay team to a pool record of 1:27.9.

Harvard swimmers officiated at the meet and provided some comic relief with their relay, the "Psychedelic Special."