ROTC Talks Will Be Held In One Week

Panel Will Consider Four Points of View

Three students and one Faculty member will present conflicting resolutions on ROTC at the open student-Faculty convocation which Dean Ford set up at the Faculty meeting.

The convocation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 3, in Sanders Theatre. The Faculty debate on ROTC, which had been slated for Jan. 28, has been postponed until Feb. 4, one day after the convocation.

Merle Fainsod, Carl H. Pforzheimer University Professor, was appointed by Ford to chair the convocation. He said yesterday that the tentative procedure is to start with a panel where each of the four members would present his point of view:

* The Hilary Putnam resolution--to sever all connections between ROTC and the University

* The HUC-SFAC position--to deny ROTC academic credit, academic appointments, and free space

* The ROTC position itself

* The CEP resolution--to make ROTC reapply for academic credit under individual Harvard departments with department-recommended instructors

A student will present each position except for the CEP resolution. Fainsod said that he is in the process of finding panel speakers. After the presentations, which Fainsod expects will take a total of 40 minutes, he hopes to complete the first hour with cross-questioning. The second hour will be devoted to questions from the floor.

Fainsod said that he would "undertake to report to the Faculty anything that emerges of interest" from the student-Faculty convocation.