Racquetmen Top Yale Squad, 9-0

By Robert W. Gerlach

Five Crimson raequetmen swept their matches in three straight games and their four teammates were victorious in four games as the Harvard squash team ended a perfect collegiate season with a resounding 9-0 triumph over Yale Saturday.

The victory brought the Crimson its:

tenth consecutive win of the season:

sixth, undefeated season in ten years:

eighth Ivy team title in nine years;

fifth consecutive intercollegiate team title.

All that remains on the Harvard schedule is the six-man team intercollegiate championships to be held at Princeton March 6-7. The six-man tournament, the first intercollegiate contest of this format, replaces the four-man team competitions that have been held the past 14 years.

Champs

"We just won the national and Ivy team championships and all anybody is talking about is getting back to Cambridge early," junior E-d Atwood commented at a victory celebration after the match in N? Haven.

Yale. suffering through a mediocre season, was not expected to challenge the Crimson on a team basis, but the poor showing of the Elis at every position on the ladder was a surprise.

Senior Larry Terrell finished the year with a perfect 10-0 record. He easily demolished Yale's captain Pete Wilson, 15-9, 15-12, 15-9. Terrell lost only one collegiate match in thirty-one varsity challenges over the past three years.

Undefeated

Atwood, at number four, and Jaime Gonzalez, at six, also compiled undefeated records this season. Atwood defeatedAndy Higgins, the only Yale letterman besides Wilson, 15-3, 15-6, 12-15, 15-4.

Gonzalez also took his match with sophomore Bill Kirkpatrick in four games, 15-10, 15-13, 10-15, 15-9.

Paul Brown, at number seven, took some revenge for the Crimson when he beat Penn's Elliot Berry's younger brother Charlie in four games, 15-7, 8-15, 15-7, 15-9.

Facing the toughest challenge of the day, John Ince dumped Yale's Bab Stevens, who has played number one this year for the Elis, 15-12, 15-9, 18-17.

Hair-do

At number five sophomore Dave Fish was momentarily distracted by the hair-do of his Yale opponent. John Gerra, but regained his composure to triumph, 15-13, 15-8, 15-12.

Fernando Gonzalez and Pete Abrams' matches were representative of the day's events as both players simply dominated routine three-game victories.