Harvard Ruggers Lose 11-4

Harvard Backline Blamed for Loss

The B-School "A" rugby team defeated the Harvard College "A" rugby team 11-4 at Soldiers Field yesterday.

The B-School came on strong in the first five minutes of the game as Whit Morrow of the B-School was first to score. The conversion was unsuccessful giving the B-School a 4-0 advantage.

Ten minutes later, the B-School penetrated the Harvard back-line as wing-forward Bill Hamill scored a second try for the B-School. The three point conversion was again unsuccessful. The B-School maintained the 8-0 edge over Harvard at the half.

Harvard came back in the second half, working its way through the B-School defensive line and scored on a run by senior Tom Locke. Leading with a score of 8-4, the B-School took advantage of a penalty on Harvard, scoring three points on the penalty kick.

Trailing by seven points, Harvard attempted several drives into B-School territory but was stopped short by a tough B-School defense.

The Harvard "B" rugby team will meet Dartmouth at 10 a.m. Saturday. The "A" teams will play at 11:30 a.m. Both games will be played behind the indoor track complex at Soldiers Field.