McGovern Arrives in Boston For Rallies and Fund-Raising

Senator George McGovern (D-S.D.) brings his Presidential campaign to Boston today for six hours of speechmaking and fund-raising.

In the day's major event the Democratic nominee will address a noon rally in Post Office Square. Mayor Kevin White and former Senator Eugene McCarthy are scheduled to make introductory speeches for McGovern.

The candidate's speech--prepared for delivery on the day when recent legislation boosting Social Security benefits goes into effect--will outline McGovern's positions on senior citizens. President Nixon had strongly threatened to veto the increase in benefits.

McGovern's attacks on Nixon have become increasingly sharp and bitter in recent days as the underdog Senator tries to lure the President out of the White House and onto the campaign trail.

After the rally the McGovern entourage will proceed to the Sheraton-Plaza Hotel where a fund-raising luncheon is scheduled to begin shortly after 1 p.m.. From lunch the nominee will go to taping sessions with the major local television stations, and then to private meetings with various supporters.