Increased Pickets Planned by UFW

The United Farm Workers Support Committee is planning a major step-up in protest activities following spring vacation, a member of the committee said yesterday.

Timothy S. Wilson '78, member of Radcliffe-Harvard New American Movement, said members of the committee plan to start picketing every day in front of the Harvard Provision Co. Members of the committee and other UFW supporters have been picketing the Pro every Friday and Saturday evening for the last six months.

The Provision Co. is the only package liquor store in the Harvard Square area which continues to stock Gallo wines, despite a nation-wide boycott by UFW supporters.

Wilson said he believes that picketing up to date has had a negative impact on the Pro's financial status. "The increase in protest activity is intended to show them that we mean business." Wilson said.

Spokesman for the Provision Co. management have said that the picketing has not affected their sales and that they will continue to stock Gallo wines until customer demand falls off.