Just A Hop, Skip And A Jump Away...

Trackmen Beat Boston College

By Thomas A.J. Mcginn

The Harvard track team continued its winning ways at their brand new indoor track facility Saturday night by dumping Boston College, 95-41.

Sophomore top gun Thad McNulty led the night's festivities by running two personal bests in the mile run (4:09.1) and 1000-yd. run (2:12.4) while rewriting facility records in the process.

In the mile run, McNulty duelled with B.C. runner Bill Gajewski until the penultimate lap, when Gajewski, a former half-miler, passed him. On the final lap, however, McNulty took up the challenge and ran past his opponent to a first place finish.

Another standout of the evening was senior jumper Hasan Kayali, who has not placed less than first this season in either the long or triple jumps. His mark for the triple jump was 46 ft., 6 1/4 ins., and in the long jump he stunned B.C. opponent Amjad Ghori by beating his 22 ft., 10 in. with a 22 ft., 11 1/4 in. jump.

No less worthy of mention was senior co-captain Dan Sullivan's performance on the high jump, where he leaped a personal best of 6' 10".

The Harvard relay teams also performed well, besting their BC counterparts by comfortable margins. In the mile relay Dave Frim, Chris Nicodemus, Brian McAndrews, and Ryan Lamppa ran to a 3:24.2 finish, four seconds ahead of the BC team, while in the two mile event Scott Dolson, John Chafee, John Pickering, and, you guessed it, Thad McNulty ran almost ten seconds ahead of BC.

Wednesday's grudge match against Brown at the ITT has been rescheduled to Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.