Squash, Hockey Teams Finish This Weekend

Only Yale Remains

...And as it Wednesday night's Beanpot final wasn't excruciating enough, the icemen still have tonight's game against Yale at the Watson Rink remaining before the final chapter of the 1977-78 hockey season is completed.

As has been the case for the last three weeks, Harvard will have its back against the wall, as the icemen attempt 1) to avoid a losing season for the first time since the 1966-67 campaign, and first under Coach Billy Cleary and 2) to win a game without the services of the talented Hughes Brothers and winger Murray Dea, all of whom were suspended for the final game following the donnybrook with B.U.

Harvard is currently 10-12 in the ECAC and 12-13 overall. One of those losses came last Saturday in New Haven, when the Crimson power play derailed against Yale in the final minutes and the Elis held on to win 3-2 on a third period powerplay goal by Anders Carlsson.

Brian Murphy will probably start in goal for the Crimson, as John Hynes gets a rest after, an ironically successful year. Also, barring an eight-point scoring performance by John Cochrane, junior George Hughes will win his third consecutive team scoring championship. Hughes had 17 goals and 15 assists on the year, his least productive season at Harvard.