Key Lacrosse Players Today

FOR CORNELL

CHRIS KANE (defense)--Chris was named "Defenseman of the Year" to cap his All-Ivy, All-American 1977 season. A tenacious checker, Kane depends on his quickness to smother attackmen as soon as they get the ball. A member of the U.S. National Team, Kane went to high school with Scott Pink in Port Washington, N.Y. He leads the best defense in the country.

BOB HENRICKSON (midfield)--What can you say about a guy whose major is "Animal Science"? The Big Red's leading scorer so far this year (14-9-23) is also a starting wide receiver for the football team and a member of the U.S. National Team. His flashy stickwork, blazing speed and outstanding hustle on ground balls (he led the squad last year) earned him first-team All-American honors last season.

CRAIG JAEGER (midfield)--Like Henrickson, Jaeger is also a first-team All-American, a varsity gridder (running back) and a member of the U.S. National Team. The senior has pumped in ten goals already this season. A stellar defensive player, he's tough as nails on ground balls.

TOM MARINO (attack)--Following in the footsteps of his brother Bill, a three-time All-American, Tom is the key man on the Cornell attack. The shifty senior from Massapequa, N.J. racked up 63 points last season, second only to now-departed wunderkind Eamon McEneany for the Red.

JOHN GRIFFIN (goalie)--This relatively inexperienced junior netminder has a big pair of shoes to fill with the departure of All-American Dan Mackesey. Although he has two varsity letters under his belt, Griffin logged only 53 minutes in the nets last season.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS--Attackmen Steve Page and Ned Gerber, defensemen Bob Katz and Frank Muehleman.

FOR HARVARD

MIKE FAUGHT (attack)--This converted midfielder has scored 11 goals in his last two games, and has to stay hot if the Crimson hopes to win today. A football and lax star at Wilton (Conn.) High, Faught scored nine goals at middie last season and has been unstoppable at attack. He has the hardest shot on the team.

HANK LEOPOLD (midfield)--After earning honorable mention All-Ivy laurels as a defenseman last year, "Leo" has switched to midfield this year, where the consistently tough senior co-captain teams with Bobby Mellen and Pete Predun on the first unit.

PETER PREDUN (midfield)--All-League, All-Country, All-American and All-Universe in his last two years at Harborfields High School on Long Island, Predun is the man with enough moves to beat even the Cornell defense. Predun, honorable mention All-Ivy last year with 36 points (24 g, 12 a), will be under the spotlight today.

STEVE MARTIN (attack)--The Assist King, Martin led Harvard scorers a year ago with 10 goals and 29 assists. This year Harvard's number-two career assist man has been shooting more, and Crimson scoring totals show it. Martin will have to be at his best today--his ability to remain unintimidated in the feeder slot could tell the story.

KEN FIRST (goalie)--"Intense" is the word for the Crimson's junior netminder. First played the best game of his life in holding Penn to four goals April 8; he'll have to duplicate that performance today for Harvard to win.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS--Co-Captain Bobby Mellen, middies Gordie Nelson, Jim Ossyra and Jamie Egasti, and defensemen Haywood Miller, Frank Prezioso and Scott Pink.