Law School Brief

The Law School will publish the pilot issue of a newsletter in mid-May, Linda Beyer, publications coordinator at the Law School said yesterday.

The newsletter. entitled In Brief, will focus upon profiles rather than events because the Law School plans to publish it only four to six times a year, Beyer, editor of the new publication, said.

Brag Sheet

"I'm hoping to show the breadth of this community--it's interests, achievements, and abilities." she added.

The newsletter will fill an information void left by the School's three current publications, Albert M. Sacks, dean of the Law School, said in a letter to the school community Thursday.

Sacks said because the 2400-member Law School community is the size of a "small college. There are many happenings of which I am not aware."

Several faculty members and students will serve as "story advisers" to ensure the newsletter examines topics of interest to the community, Beyer said. "Even an official school publication can reflect a diversity of points of view," she added.

The Law School currently publishes The Adviser, primarily consiting of current events and announcements, the HLS Bulletin, and an alumni newsletter, and The Record, a weekly law student newspaper.