No 'Pot Shot'

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

Political cartoonist David Gessner should be congratulated for his depiction of President Reagan urinating on an unemployed worker [Oct 16]. It represents his treatment of them and of the poor very graphically and thus effectively. No mere "pot shot," it is, moreover, a clear application of that Reaganomic term, "trickle down." The euphemistic nonsense of such phrases, along with "revenue enhancers" for new taxes, warrants vulgarity. Gessner's point is precisely that Reagan's policies are not "classy." For a college paper that prides itself on telling the truth. The Crimson, should be unembarrassed, even proud of its courage. This is not Oral Roberts University, after all, even if a few of its students might be happier on the board of censors there. Who was that witty, intelligent fellow who said to the prude: "Dost thou think because thou art virtuous there shall be no more cakes and ale?" with his sidekick adding:" Yes, by Saint Anne and ginger shall be hot i the' mouth too." Geoffrey Cook '85