Students to Hold Sexual Harassment Meeting Tonight

Student leaders will sponsor an open meeting on the Faculty's proposed sexual harassment policy tonight.

The meeting from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Lamont Forum Room will feature representatives from the Gay and Lesbian Students Association, the Third World Student's Association, Response, RUS, and the Undergraduate Council, who will discuss the types of harassment their groups face and how the new proposal affects them, according to organizer Sarah Jane Holcombe '86.

Members from the Faculty Council have accepted invitations to attend the meeting. Holcombe said, although they will probably not speak.

The proposal came before the Faculty Council the Faculty's executive steering committee, for consideration last year. The Council has not reached a decision yet, but hopes to draft a final policy by the end of the year. Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education. Sidney Verba '53 has said.

The proposal broadens Harvard's official definition of harassment and establishes a series of formal and informal procedures for handling complaints. In addition it proposes appointing a special assistant to the Dean of the Faculty to handle complaints.