Anti-Semitism

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

While I generally have low regard for Alan Dershowitz's opinions, he is correct about the Black racist intellectual anti-Semitism of the HRBSA [Harvard Radcliffe Black Students Association]. They have engaged in this sort of behavior since at least 1978 when they invited the Libyan Minister of Justice to give a talk. Since Libyan is one of the foremost proponents of traditional and modern Islamic barbarism, which requires the degradation and humiliation of non-Muslim, inviting such a person is a moral outrage.

Further, Muslims have degraded and humiliated Oriental and Sefardic Jews who are the majority of Jews in Israel for the better part of a millennium. The PLO is merely the modern expression of traditional Islamic Jew-batting. When Blacks express sympathy for former Muslim oppressors who specifically state (usually in Arabic) that they intend at least to become current oppressors of Jews and other non-Muslim minorities. Blacks forfeit any right to sympathy because they have been oppressed in the USA.

Sympathizing with Muslim nationalists is supporting the absolute right of the majority to humiliate, degrade and persecute minorities. Since Blacks on Harvard campus support such majority rights. I can only assume that they oppose apartheid because they wish the Black majority in South Africa to be able to humiliate and degrade the white minority.

The behavior of the HRBSA is morally reprehensible. The desire of the Hillel Coordinating Committee to discuss and to create a dialogue upon the morally reprehensible behavior of the HRBSA is typical VusVus (European Jewish) grovelling. A more appropriate response would be for all Jewish groups to deny to all Black groups on campus any assistance on any cause until the HRBSA cleans up its act. Joachim Cario Santos Martillo-Ajami '78