THE SEARCH

February 1988--Outgoing Radcliffe President Matina S. Horner announces that she will leave in July 1989, after a 17-year tenure.

Spring 1988--A search committee, composed of members of the Radcliffe Board of Trustees, is convened.

Spring 1988 thru Spring 1989--The search committee accepts resumes, receiving more than 300. After interviewing candidates, the committee narrows the field to a short list of six, including Duke University Professor Anne F. Scott, Harvard Professor of Law Martha L. Minow and Yale Professor of Psychology Judith Rodin.

Early March 1989--The search committee offers the presidency to Rodin. However, the Board of Trustees will not vote until Rodin accepts the offer.

March 13, 1989--Rodin turns down the post. The search committee plans to convene again and continue interviewing. Committee members say they will not offer the presidency to the remaining top three candidates.

Late March/Early April 1989--The committee first discusses Linda S. Wilson, vice president at the University of Michigan.

Early May 1989--The Board of Trustees plans a meeting to vote on the new president.

May 31, 1989--The Board of Trustees meets to vote on Wilson's presidency.