M. Ruggers Decimate Boston University, 21-6

The Harvard rugby club, playing in its first league game Saturday afternoon at Soldiers Field, defeated Boston University, 21-6, in front of 100 spectators.

The Crimson improved its overall record to 2-1. Earlier in the week, Harvard lost to Brown, 9-6, and trounced King's College (Canada), 55-6. BU, which blanked a team from Novia Scotia, 50-0, fell to 1-1.

The Crimson, opting to play with the wind in the first half, amassed a 21-0 lead, thanks in part to successful scoring by Sam Yoon, Tim Perini, Chris Crisera, and Captain Jon Greenberg.

Block That Kick

In the second half, the Crimson tightened up on defense, holding BU to its only six points of the game.

The match was a test for the Crimson, which had been having a little trouble coming together as a team during practices earner in the week.

"We really jelled as a team," Captain Scott Hilinski said. "It was good to come out with a win."

Saturday's results bode well for the Crimson's future games, both in and out of the Metro League--the six-school league consisting of teams from Harvard, Boston University, Boston College, Tufts University, Northeastern and Amherst College. The Crimson won the Metro League last year, and hopes to repeat again this year.

The Crimson hosts the University College of Dublin today at 4 p.m. in a non-league game. Next Saturday, the Crimson resumes league play against Tufts.

In "B" game action against the Terriers, the Crimson edged B.U., 16-14. Sophomore Blake Flynn scored two tries.